What does Foodies Group do?
The Foodies Group is a collective of top talent in the food industry that comes together to create unique food experiences. We have 5 core components to the business:
1. Private/Corporate Events
5. Public Events
What’s your “WHY”?
When I originally launched the company, it was called Foodies on Foot. I created it for several reasons, including:
1. To support and promote local food and restaurants; the best food comes from them.
2. Food is the grand connector; I want to connect people over food experiences, recalling my large childhood gatherings in an Italian family, with food at the center of all we did.
3. To get locals connected to the food scene. It has since evolved into several different components (as listed above), which all came from listening to the needs of our audience/clients/contacts.
“We want locals to be tourists in their own city (but in a cool way), and tourists that are visiting the city to feel like locals”
How do you achieve this?
We always look for what is unique about Toronto, and incorporate it into our experiences, such as with the private streetcar food tour, which has become one of our signature experiences.
What is the current main trend in restaurant space in Toronto?
Doing one thing and doing it right! Some of the best examples are:
-Glory Hole Doughnuts
-WVRST (good sausages, good fries, good beer)
From your personal experience, what advice would you give to entrepreneurs who are just starting their journey?
1. Have a clear vision and always stay valuable.
2. Connect with people in person and keep planting the seeds.
3. Form an army of supporters. Seek feedback from a variety of people and watch for patterns.
To get in touch with Steven Hellmann or Foodies Group Team: email@example.com