Written by Lidia Vijga, co-founder at DeckLinks
Performing user research is essential and possibly the most vital stage in creating any product. But, it can be time-consuming to perform quality user interviews. Arranging and planning focus groups or conducting one-on-one interviews and analyzing the results can be a nightmare. AskMore offers a compelling AI solution to these user research pain points by tapping the power of AI. Here’s a deeper look at how it works and the problems it aims to solve.
“We built AskMore because we were struggling to get feedback on our side projects. User interviews are great, but finding participants willing to commit to a call is hard and scheduling can often take ages. It’s much easier and faster to get answers with online surveys, but that only works for basic questions and not when you need to adapt to answers and dig deeper. That’s how we got the idea of using AI to make user interviews as easy as sharing a survey link.”
– Julien Zmiro, Designer at AskMore
The Struggles of Traditional User Research
Traditional user research usually suffers from the following drawbacks:
- Low participation. Recruiting users willing to commit to interviews is challenging. Days or weeks of coordination may yield only a handful of participants.
- Scheduling headaches. Finding times that work for both parties can require endless emails and calendar Tetris. This introduces delays.
- Interviewer bias. It’s easy for personal biases to inadvertently influence the questions asked and how responses are interpreted.
- Siloed perspectives. Due to limited sample sizes, findings may not reveal insights from diverse user segments.
- Analyzing notes. Transcribing, coding, and finding patterns in pages of notes is time-intensive and error-prone.
AskMore aims to eliminate these bottlenecks mentioned above by using AI to automate the heavy lifting of user interviews:
- Increased reach. By sharing links to automated interviews, participation rates can increase 10X or more.
- Streamlined scheduling. Users complete interviews whenever convenient for them, removing coordination headaches.
- Neutral questions. AI interviewers avoid human biases and ask consistent questions.
- Diverse feedback. The larger sample uncovers insights from a broad cross-section of users.
- Automated analysis. Key findings are summarized along with full transcripts to streamline synthesis.
User research is filled with friction. But by leveraging the capabilities of AI, AskMore offers a compelling way to streamline the process and unlock deeper, more diverse insights. For resource-constrained teams, it provides a powerful mechanism to punch above their weight class when it comes to understanding users.
How AskMore Works
AskMore has a user-friendly interface and a quick setup process.
1. Describe your research goals
First, you tell AskMore what key things you want to learn from your target users. This guides what types of questions will be asked.
2. AI generates customized interviews
AskMore’s AI then creates an automated questionnaire tailored to get the insights you outlined.
3. Share interview links
You receive a unique link to send to users. When they access it, the AI interviews them based on your goals.
4. Analyze findings
After interviews are complete, AskMore provides reports summarizing key findings and interview transcripts for deeper analysis.
Is AskMore free?
AskMore uses a pay-as-you-go credit system. Each credit allows you to interview one participant. There is also a “free tier” with 5 credits for new users to try the platform.
The Verdict on AskMore
AskMore offers teams an innovative and efficient method to streamline and expand their user research with the help of AI. For startups and smaller teams, it offers a relatively affordable way to gather quality user insights that would otherwise require extensive time and resources.
While AskMore won’t replace all human interaction, I believe it has the potential to be a game-changer. The value of gathering user insights from a diverse, large pool cannot be understated. The founders’ personal challenges inspired them to create a user-friendly solution, and their innovation is poised to streamline user research for product teams globally.